Those who are staying home and have no close contacts who are infected with COIVID-19 don’t
need a mask most of the time. However, wearing a nonmedical or homemade mask may be helpful
in certain situations or for certain populations.
• Shopping at essential businesses, like grocery stores or pharmacies;
• While visiting your health care provider;
• Traveling on public transportation;
• Interacting with customers/clients at essential businesses;
• When feeling sick, coughing, or sneezing;
Because homemade masks protect everyone else from the droplets created by the wearer, it is
important that as many people as possible wear these masks when leaving their homes. This helps
prevent those who may be infectious but are only mildly symptomatic or not symptomatic from
spreading the virus to others in the community. Everyone should remember the phrase “my mask
protects you, your mask protects me.” By increasing the overall number of people who are
containing their coughs, sneezes, and other droplets, it will help us control the overall spread of the
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay Happy!